How did I get here?
Lately, I’ve really been drawn to dear, wonderful, Gabby. I’ve been following her on social media, listening to her meditations, reading her posts, watching her interviews. Her message and path feels so aligned with my soul. She is my mentor and spirit guide.
I was in the car with my partner and saw that I was tagged on a post on Instagram by my wonderful soul sister, Coral Mujaes. She is my angel. She sent me a message that she knew I wanted to get. In that moment I must have squealed so loud because I know it made Rick almost jump out of his seat. We were in the middle of a conversation, I’m sure of it, I just can’t remember what it was about, because I was far too excited about Gabby coming to Vancouver.
See, Gabby lives in NYC and talks all over the states, but it’s a rare sight to have her in Canada. So, of course I follow the link and attempt to buy a ticket right away! I didn’t know what the talk was about, or how much, I just knew I had to go. Minutes later, my ticket had been bought, there was more squealing, and I could not remove the smile off of my face. You could try smacking it off, but I bet you couldn’t.
That was a month ago.
Today, I was listening to this Kundalini music track on repeat. Chanting it over and over, because for some reason, it was calling me. Why am I telling you this? Well, I’ve arrived at the location and I find my seat, which is number 111 might I add (the angels are with me), Gabby comes on stage and if you’ve ever seen any of her talks you know she always starts with a meditation. She asked us to close our eyes and then she put on a Kundalini meditation. Any guess as to which track was played? Yep. Same one, yes, same exact one I was listening to all day today. This made me cry. It was another JUICY moment. I have arrived. I am exactly where I need to be. I am love. I am connected. I am. I am. I am.
Her talk was everything I needed to hear. I feel so filled up. I’m going to sum up the gist of her talk here:
- First – witness your resistance. What are you resisting? What stories are you telling yourself, what do you believe right now? Remember, you can witness this resistance, let it be, and CHOOSE happiness. Yes, choose it. In every moment. Not later, not tomorrow, but now.
- Second – see the light in others. Judgement is easy. We judge ourselves and others all day every day. What we judge in others, is our own shadow. Acknowledge the light in others. Gabby’s suggestion was to see the light in others for a whole day. 24 hours of light. The bus driver, your mother, someone you walk past, see the light, see the light, see the light, someone at work that drives you nuts, see the light.
- Third – the ‘F’ word. Forgiveness. Yes, this one is tough, but it’s not impossible. Forgiveness equals freedom. Do you want to be free? Then, be WILLING to forgive. It won’t come easy, or right away, but trust it will come IF you are willing to forgive.
- Fourth – Compassion. Practice compassion. For yourself, for others.
- Fifth – In my defenselessness my safety lies. Stand up for your truth, then let it be. Don’t fight back, or defend your point. It creates a negative loop.
- Sixth – Be the light. Show up. Hate your job? Be the light, be the light, be the light. Bring good energy, smile, do what you need to do to practice being the light. Happiness is inevitable.
So, there you go. I love Gabby. I can’t wait to continue working with her. I’ve signed up for #MiracleMembership. That means I get Gabby once a month! Woohoo!!! Here comes more light!